We are an equal opportunity employer and international applicants are welcome. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
Kaiko is a rapidly growing fintech startup in the digital assets industry with an international presence. Our mission is to be the foundation of the new digital finance economy, which promises to expand financial opportunity and inclusion globally. We do this by empowering market participants with accurate, transparent, and actionable crypto data to be leveraged for a range of market activities including strategy backtesting, in-depth research, valuation, analytics, and integrations.
About the Job
Kaiko intends to build a suite of Indices and benchmarks to serve the financial industry. Kaiko's indices will be used either as benchmarks or reference rates, but also as internal tools for passive strategies, as well as ETFs, ETPs, Fund listing, Structured Products and Derivatives.
This business will be carried out relying on a dedicated subsidiary registered in France - Kaiko Indices - Operated by a dedicated Managing Director established in the UK. The Kaiko indices unit addresses all needs of the market when it comes to prices and benchmarks that represent value. It can be :
- Mono-asset rates to serve the valuation use cases across custodians, asset managers, any form of portfolio management
- Basket benchmark relying on to be modeled thematics and or performance of the underlying selected component
- Indices representing a passive quantitative strategy represented by a structured product
- Indices following a passive / semi passive investment strategy represented by and ETP, ETF or a fund
-Benchmarks relying on quantitative data to build up new financial metrics (yields, rates, etc).
The Product Analyst Intern reports to the PM Index Structuring and M.D. Indices. The intern works with all relevant stakeholders and participate in expanding our offering on the following topics:
Product Research :
- Business and technical analysis to design new Rates and Indices, models of representation of the market, sources discrimination, or incremental upgrades on existing ones.
- Technical research towards the improvement of the main internal Product being the Index Launch facility to add new functionalities as the spectrum of business product expands
- Contribution to the enhancement of the building blocks of rates and indices calculation such as Exchange Ranking model, Asset Vetting or Coin Taxonomy.
Product Design :detailed and documented data product design and how the product will be delivered to users, usable by POs to shape product delivery
Product Delivery and Launch: support the delivery through added documentation when required, arbitration, testing, external documentation, support marketing launch through dedicated case studies, build go to market with sales, ensure Product Operations readiness to cater for new increments / products.
Product improvements: collect feedback from sales, from Product Operations towards continuous improvements.
Product Innovation:work closely with the PM and M.D towards the definition of the roadmap which shall include - in a fast changing, maturing environment - strategic product development to position Kaiko ahead of client demand.
We are looking for a Data Analyst Intern that will support the indices team in launching a suite of rates and indices while also working on the continuous improvement of our own internal tools and processes.
- Contribute to the index & product life cycle with all steps mentioned above (data collection, data engineering, features identification, modelisation, backtesting, reviews, etc.)
- Collaborate laterally with all stakeholders in and out of Kaiko towards a successful design, delivery and launch of our product increments and the implementation of our -Index Facility
- Participate in the building of relevant POCs and iterate on those through the implementation of the underlying financial math applied algos
- Support Sales and Operations (technical materials and analysis, case studies)
- Contribute to the upcoming Index Committee
- Background in finance, computer science, mathematics, physics, engineering, or other quantitative discipline with relevant financial modeling and data science experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of financial vehicles
- Tech affinity towards building an internal technical product
- Strong programing skills and algo implementation (Python/R)
- Business driven spirit as products are meant to drive revenues in the first place
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally
- Due to the very nature of the digital asset industry, a high level of initiative is to be expected for such a position.
Qualifications / Education:
- Master of Science (MSc) in applied maths for finance or other quantitative disciplines
- Knowledge on financial markets and financial products
- Interested in the investment life cycle
- Fully fluent in English
Company benefits & perks
- Hardware of your choice
- Remote friendly
- Health insuranceMeal vouchers
- Multiple team events (annual retreat, casual drinks, etc.)
- An entrepreneurial environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibilities
- Staff surprises!
- Contract type: Long term internship (6 months)
- Desired starting date: ASAP
- Location: Paris, 91 Boulevard Haussmann, Paris 8
Interested? Apply here