To apply for a role, please email your resume and a short introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer and international applicants are welcome. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
Kaiko is a rapidly growing fintech startup in the digital assets industry with an international presence. Our mission is to be the foundation of the new digital finance economy, which promises to expand financial opportunity and inclusion globally. We do this by empowering market participants with accurate, transparent, and actionable crypto data to be leveraged for a range of market activities including strategy backtesting, in-depth research, valuation, analytics, and integrations.
About the Job
Kaiko Data and Product Operations Department
Kaiko operates a data infrastructure which is growing to a critical service for most of our customers. As per any critical service and under its ongoing SOC 2 Audit process, Kaiko has to meet operational standards in the financial environment like a 99.5% uptime, very strict data quality and requirement rules, 100% auditable processes for its regulated services.
Meanwhile, Kaiko is growing in a fast and challenging crypto environment where infrastructure and resilience are not meeting these standards finance institutions require. Crypto exchanges suffer from very frequent downtime, making breaking changes to their APIs with poor to no notice.
Last but not least, the crypto environment is by nature a 24/7 open market vs a 7/5 market in traditional finance, making meeting these standards an even harder task by nature.
Kaiko Product operations are scaling as the company is scaling as a whole. The Product Operations department caters for our business day to day operations (Product Launches and monitoring , customer onboarding and support, incident management). Kaiko has made the strategic choice not to go for an operational model where our monitoring would be mainly relying on human based operations. We are taking inspiration from the energy sector where nuclear, hydro and solar plants are operated by small on site teams - whatever the size and the criticality of the site - relying on heavy automation and detection systems. Yet Kaiko is at the very early stages of that development.
Kaiko's operations are just scaling as we speak and we are looking forward to building the local teams in three sites to build from the ground up our operational and service monitoring infrastructure.
● Cluster services monitoring (CSM) : Co-design and implement Kaiko's service monitoring infrastructure, detection algorithm and pattern recognition towards automated issue detection, with a main focus on the Cluster based data pipeline feeding our REST API. Monitoring includes alert systems and troubleshooting suggestion mechanisms, up to automated fixes. You'll be able to integrate with backend monitoring systems to collect data on number of API calls, rates etc. to build relevant dashboarding and alerting.
● Data feed services monitoring (DFM) : Co design and implement Kaiko's service monitoring infrastructure of our cloud bucket job based service to push content towards our customers. Monitoring includes issue detection, alerting systems and troubleshooting suggestions, up to automated fixes.You'll focus on DeFI data, i.e. data sourced through decentralized applications & exchanges. You'll use AWS / GCP services to build dashboarding / monitoring and alerting on the execution of livraison jobs (confirmed execution, ongoing ones, failed ones, time toi execute vs size of the delivery, delivery content vs delivered data - sanity check, etc.)
● Integrate CSM, DFM and Stream services Monitoring (SSM) in a consistent cross-platform CeFI data quality and data consistency single platform. Data quality supervision includes data gaps detection, data inconsistencies detection, alert mechanisms and troubleshooting suggestions up to automated fixes. You'll focus on DeFI data, i.e. data sourced through decentralized applications & exchanges. In the reconciliation algorithm, you may or may not include dedicated integration of blockchain explorers such as etherscan or Web3.0 dApps such as The Graph.
● CSM, DFM and SSM projects will be managed within the Product operations department, across EMEA and US, you'll need to synchronize the efforts with your peer under the local team lead supervision, on a sprint by sprint basis.
● You'll also be in direct relationship with customers on day to day operations tasks and case resolution, practical onboarding and issue resolution. Terrain exposition shall support you better appreciate the automation job to be done and prioritization : ○ Product Monitoring: Build, maintain and request for development of monitoring tools and dashboards solutions in place, trigger and manage incidents proactively. You are able to provide Kaiko teams with key KPI on the product use metrics PMs & Growth team.
● Product launches: you supervise and contribute to Product launches as per Kaiko’s launch process, guaranteeing delivery quality, service non regression and act as key actor for Go-no-go decisions for launches you lead.
● Customer Support: You follow-up with customers' requests and calls raised following a rigorous case management process ensuring that (i) Kaiko product ops knowledge builds up and (ii) that we can follow on a customer basis their experience of our products. You provide on a regular basis feedback to the Product team from the support channels to make sure PMs are aware of negative feedback on our suite. You proactively monitor established communication channels with our customers to make sure contact attempts are not left unanswered in a timely manner depending on our own SLA commitment.
● Customer onboarding: You are early on involved by Sales when signing a new customer to onboard them on our products providing them with the adequate level of explanations, documentation accesses and technical accesses relying on internal tools and infrastructure. You make sure this onboarding is as smooth as possible and are key to improving it.
For this position, we will consider both Entry Level to 2-3 years experience profiles
● The candidate has a solid engineering background in data/software/computer science, development and management
● Has an experience - even through college or personal projected - in (A)ML driven algorithmics - demonstrable
● Very good communications skills, both internally and externally,, ability to de-escalate situations with customers, problem resolution oriented spirit
● Knowledge in Capital Markets infrastructure is a plus
● Strong Analytical skills, aware on hardware resources consumption and management when building a software
● Must be proficient in at least one object-oriented programming language, with emphasis on either Go and Python.
● Must have a working knowledge of Oracle / SQL databases. gRPC protocol is a plus.
● Masters of Science / Engineering
● Programming qualifications or education is strongly preferred.
● Fully fluent in English is mandatory
● Other languages covering a financial market or region is a plus.
Company Benefits and Perks
● Hardware of your choice
● Remote friendly
● Health insurance
● Meal vouchers
● Multiple team events (annual retreat, casual drinks, etc.)
● An entrepreneurial environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibilities
● Staff surprises!
Contract type: Full Time
Desired starting date: [ASAP]
Location: New York City
International applicants welcome!
Interested? Apply now by emailing your resume and a short introduction to email@example.com!