To apply for a role, please email your resume and a short introduction to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and international applicants are welcome. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
Kaiko is a rapidly growing fintech startup in the digital assets industry with an international presence. Our mission is to be the foundation of the new digital finance economy, which promises to expand financial opportunity and inclusion globally. We do this by empowering market participants with accurate, transparent, and actionable crypto data to be leveraged for a range of market activities including strategy backtesting, in-depth research, valuation, analytics, and integrations.
About the Job
Kaiko Data and Platform Department
Kaiko operates a data infrastructure which is growing to a critical service for most of our customers. As per any critical service and under its ongoing SOC 2 Audit process, Kaiko has to meet operational standards in the financial environment such as a 99.5% uptime, very strict data quality and requirement rules, 100% auditable processes for its regulated services.
The platform department is responsible for designing the services that will support the delivery of the designed products to our customers. The mission consists in transforming requirements for new product increments designed by the portfolio team into implementable iterations jointly with the Engineering department, supervising its delivery up to launch in production.
The platform department is made of Product Owners and a Service Delivery Manager supervising the product lifecycle as a whole. The Kaiko platform department is scaling as the company grows, and a dedicated Product Owner will take on specific pipelines and services under their area of ownership. One of these areas is the on-chain pipeline: Kaiko runs their own Ethereum nodes to access blockchain data in real time, extract the data, interpret that data based on the protocol rules and transform it into financial standard market data.
As the On-Chain Product Owner, you are working closely with different stakeholders and oversee the development of all projects regarding decentralized data collection and distribution.
● Multichain expansion: Explore and design jointly with the Blockchain Engineering team a proof of concept solution allowing Kaiko to expand current activity to other ecosystems in addition to Ethereum (Binance Smart Chain, Solana, Avalanche, Luna, etc.). The objective is to finalize a set-up eligible to be industrialized at scale.
● Ethereum Scaling solution expansion: Explore and design jointly with Blockchain Engineering team a proof of concept solution allowing Kaiko to expand current activity to Ethereum Layer 2 ecosystems (Matic/Polygon, Loopring, Optimism, Starkware etc.) and to Ethereum (& other chains) based decentralized finance protocols (PancakeSwap, Bancor, Pangolin, etc.). The objective is to finalize a set-up eligible to be industrialized at scale.
● Product Lifecycle: Take ownership under the VP Platform supervision of the On Chain Business unit quarterly product increment, working closely with the Product Manager - On Chain Market Data. You'll also need to work closely with the Service Delivery Manager to integrate the larger picture of the full quarter group level delivery cycle.
● You'll also be in direct relationship with customers to demo our services distributing the On Chain data and accompany them towards integration of our services during their onboarding.
For this position, we will consider both Entry Level to 2-3 years experience profiles
● The candidate has a solid engineering background in data/software/computer science, development and management
● A knowledge in Blockchain ecosystem and/or engineering principles is a plus
● Very good communications skills, both internally and externally, problem resolution oriented spirit
● Knowledge in Capital Markets infrastructure is a plus
● Strong Analytical skills, Project oriented profile, knowledge of Agile as a spirit (not a scrum maximalist) is a plus
● Masters of Science / Engineering
● Programming qualifications or education is strongly preferred.
● Fully fluent in English is mandatory
● Other languages covering a financial market or region is a plus.
Company Benefits and Perks
● Hardware of your choice
● Remote friendly
● Health insurance
● Meal vouchers
● Multiple team events (annual retreat, casual drinks, etc.)
● An entrepreneurial environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibilities
● Staff surprises!
Contract type: Full Time
Desired starting date: [ASAP]
Location: Paris, France (Boulevard Haussmann, 8th arrondissement)
International applicants welcome!
Interested? Apply now by emailing your resume and a short introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org!