To apply for a role, please email your resume and a short introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer and international applicants are welcome. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
Kaiko is a rapidly growing fintech startup in the digital assets industry with an international presence. Our mission is to be the foundation of the new digital finance economy, which promises to expand financial opportunity and inclusion globally. We do this by empowering market participants with accurate, transparent, and actionable crypto data to be leveraged for a range of market activities including strategy backtesting, in-depth research, valuation, analytics, and integrations.
About the Job
Kaiko relies on its Product Team to enrich, evolve, and design our product offering by leveraging (i) extensive feedback from users, (ii) industry outlook in a very fast changing environment and (iii) Kaiko’s growth strategy.
At Kaiko we believe that our product cannot be efficient if the Product Team does not have a 360 degree view of the product. As such, the Product Team owns the product roadmap and closely works with the engineering team for its delivery via a quarterly release planning. Yet, design and delivery account for only two thirds of the job: the Product Team also leads product operations such as customer onboarding and support, product launch, and monitoring.
As a Product Manager at Kaiko, your focus is primarily on the design and product development side. You will work closely with the Product Owner who will take on delivery of your product, and the Product Operations analysts who will supervise its launch, monitor it on a daily basis and support onboarded customers. At Kaiko, a Product Manager ends-up mid-term owning their own portfolio of products on which they are the primary researcher, decision maker and arbitragist.
The success of your product will as much depend on your involvement with the different bodies of the product team as it is on your involvement with the engineering and growth teams. Your product will be successful only if it is a fit, and the growth team will rely on you to help market it at launch as well as grow a business around it. The tech team will rely on you to make sure that the product does not cost us more than it delivers, challenging you if it is too complex to build vs estimated gains, or too costly to run.
Finally, product development is not the only challenge taken on by the team, as our experts also deal with some key external stakeholder management as well as key internal processes safeguards which are core to Kaiko’s development. Each team member can make their pick !
As a Data Analytics Product Manager, your role & mission will drive you to :
- Take ownership of your scope: Kaiko’s data analytics products (e.g. aggregates, liquidity metrics, and much more). You will understand the underlying data and its use by our customers and the industry and frame them in a single portfolio.
- Build the business expertise on your scope (data analytics) so that the growth team relies on you for business development: produce all supporting documents & materials allowing to market the data analytics portfolio (product one pagers, catalog, use cases, target users), support sales and prospects.
- Grow a detailed understanding of how technically these products are built and delivered to our users, so that the Engineering team relies on you for potential simplification, reengineering and technical optimization minimizing costs.
- Act as P&L owner on your scope (Data Analytics) for both the Growth and Tech teams : develop customer population targets, build, and run cost analyses, create business cases, & determine P&L per product.
- Act as Product R&D lead on your scope (Data Analytics), relying on (i) Product Ops feedback, (ii) user feedback - you own feedback loop to build (iii) internal research team to perform your own research and discovery to design new products and associated b-cases to be prioritized in the single Product Roadmap.
- Take the lead on any external stakeholder management / internal key product process of your choice.
- An experienced Product Manager with B2B affinity
- An individual with mathematical background (statistical modelling) - Engineering / Business Masters with maths major.
- A business driven persona experienced with product business planning
- A tech friendly / enthusiast with no resistance to technical manipulation of datasets towards design of data products
- A reliable and autonomous team member with a strong delivery oriented spirit
- A proactive team player able to take on jobs that need to be done when they come if required to support your teammates when possible - without jeopardizing their own due deliveries
Nice to Have (not required)
- Capital Markets quantitative and / or structuring experience
- Asset management / funds allocation and valuation experience
- Knowledge of digital asset markets
• Hardware of your choice
• Paid vacation
• Health insurance
• Multiple team events (annual retreat, casual drinks, etc.)
• An entrepreneurial environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibilities
• Staff surprises: just because we know that occasionally, small delights can brighten your day
• Other perks
• Contract type: Permanent - full time
• International applicants welcome!
Interested? Apply now by emailing your resume and a short introduction to email@example.com!