We are an equal opportunity employer and international applicants are welcome. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
Kaiko is a rapidly growing fintech startup in the digital assets industry with an international presence. Our mission is to be the foundation of the new digital finance economy, which promises to expand financial opportunity and inclusion globally. We do this by empowering market participants with accurate, transparent, and actionable crypto data to be leveraged for a range of market activities including strategy backtesting, in-depth research, valuation, analytics, and integrations.
About the Job
Kaiko Data and Product Operations department
Kaiko operates a data infrastructure which is growing to a critical service for most of our customers. As per any critical service and under its ongoing SOC 2 Audit process, Kaiko has to meet operational standards in the financial environment like a 99.5% uptime, very strict data quality and requirement rules, 100% auditable processes for its regulated services.
Meanwhile, Kaiko is growing in a fast and challenging crypto environment where infrastructure and resilience are not meeting these standards finance institutions require. Crypto exchanges suffer from very frequent downtime, making breaking changes to their APIs with poor to no notice. Last but not least, the crypto environment is by nature a 24/7 open market vs a 7/5 market in traditional finance, making meeting these standards an even harder task by nature.
Kaiko Product operations are scaling as the company is scaling as a whole. The Product Operations department caters for our business day to day operations (Product Launches and monitoring , customer onboarding and support, incident management).
Kaiko has made the strategic choice not to go for an operational model where our monitoring would be mainly relying on human based operations. We are taking inspiration from the energy sector where nuclear, hydro and solar plants are operated by small on site teams - whatever the size and the criticality of the site - relying on heavy automation and detection systems.
Yet Kaiko is at the very early stages of that development. Kaiko's operations are just scaling as we speak and we are looking forward to building the local teams in three sites to build from the ground up our operational and service monitoring infrastructure.
- Scale Support and drive the human growth of the EMEA team through the staffing of the different open positions under the supervision of the VP Product Operations.
- Structure your own squad routines and balance between BAU and projects as well as logics of backups across the team. Your squad of 4 will supervise on EMEA working hours the 4 dimensions of Product Operations:
- Product Monitoring: relying on the appropriate tooling ensures services are running smoothly, triggering the right level of actions if not.
- Product Launches: supervise and contribute to Product launches as per Kaiko’s launch process, guaranteeing delivery quality, service nonregression and acting as key actor for Go-no-go decisions for launches you lead.
- Customer Support: Follow-up with customers' requests and calls raised following a rigorous case management process ensuring that (i) Kaiko product ops knowledge builds up and (ii) that we can follow on a customer basis their experience of our products
- Customer onboarding: In sync with sales when signing a new customer, you make sure to onboard them on our products providing them with the adequate level of explanations, documentation accesses and technical accesses relying on internal tools and infrastructure. You make sure this onboarding is as smooth as possible and are key to imp
- Build: Product Operations teams at Kaiko are not just operators, they also are builders of their monitoring infrastructure. As such you'll take on a peculiar role in that process and act both as an architect, a reviewer / validators of algorithms being implemented, and the agile Project manager for the three following initiatives and (iv) their integration in a single framework. Mirroring your role, the US lead will act as the target user of these services.
(i)Cluster services monitoring (CSM), Kaiko's service monitoring infrastructure, detection algorithm and pattern recognition towards automated issue detection, with a main focus on the Cluster based data pipeline feeding our REST API. Monitoring includes alert systems and troubleshooting suggestion mechanisms, up to automated fixes
(ii) Data feed services monitoring (DFM), Kaiko's service monitoring infrastructure of our cloud bucket job based service to push content towards our customers. Monitoring includes issue detection, alerting systems and troubleshooting suggestions, up to automated fixes.
(iii) Stream services Monitoring (SSM). Kaiko's service monitoring infrastructure of our Real time streaming service powered by gRPC framework.Monitoring includes issue detection, alerting systems and troubleshooting suggestions, up to automated fixes, as well as supervision of live connection, mapping of active customers, associated bandwidth and use rate / configs, channels set-up by users.
(iv) Data reconciliation across platforms : All three projects require heavy synchronization as the underlying services must be able to reconcile data from one service to the other to guarantee data consistency across our platforms to our customers.
- Actas beta agent in case of disruption of our services to all involved parties : Clients, Regulators, Engineering, Product, Leadership, Suppliers, Legal. You're the first level of escalation before going to the alpha agent - the VP Operations.
- Manage directly the four team members of your squad. You'll ensure to have close ties with the whole team, as the admin structure shall not translate in a vertical management practice which goes against the Product team culture. You'll report to the VP Product operations.
- The candidate has a solid demonstrable experience in critical infrastructure management. Critical Financial Infrastructure in capital markets is a plus.
- The candidate has a solid engineering background in data/software/computer science, development and management
- Has an experience - even through college or personal projected - in (A)ML driven algorithmics - demonstrable
- Very good communication skills and stakeholders management.
- We are looking for a leader of people
Qualifications / Education:
- Masters of Science / Engineering / BusinessProgramming
- Qualifications or education is a plus
- Fully fluent in English is mandatory
- Other languages covering a financial market or region is a plus.
Company benefits & perks
- Company benefits and perksHardware of your choiceRemote friendly
- Health insuranceMeal vouchers
- Multiple team events (annual retreat, casual drinks, etc.)
- An entrepreneurial environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibilities
- Staff surprises!
- Contract type: Full time - permanent contract
- Desired starting date: ASAP
- Location: Paris, 91 Boulevard Haussmann, Paris 8
Interested? Apply here