To apply for a role, please email your resume and a short introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer and international applicants are welcome. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
Kaiko is a rapidly growing fintech startup in the digital assets industry with an international presence. Our mission is to be the foundation of the new digital finance economy, which promises to expand financial opportunity and inclusion globally. We do this by empowering market participants with accurate, transparent, and actionable crypto data to be leveraged for a range of market activities including strategy backtesting, in-depth research, valuation, analytics, and integrations.
About the Job
Kaiko relies on its Product Team to enrich, evolve, and design our product offering by leveraging (i) extensive feedback from users, (ii) industry outlook in a very fast changing environment and (iii) Kaiko’s growth strategy.
At Kaiko we believe that our product cannot be efficient if the Product Team does not have a 360 degree view of the product. As such, the Product Team owns the product roadmap and closely works with the engineering team for its delivery via a quarterly release planning. Yet, design and delivery account for only two thirds of the job: the Product Team also leads product operations such as customer onboarding and support, product launch, and monitoring.
As a Product Owner at Kaiko, your focus is primarily on the delivery of prioritised products on a per milestone basis in an agile framework. But because you want our product to succeed, you’ll be heavily involved with the Product Manager(s) who designed the increment(s) needed to be delivered as part of the milestone, and the Product Operations analysts who will supervise its launch, monitor it on a daily basis and support onboarded customers. At Kaiko a Product Owner ends up mid-term owning their own scope of the platform in terms of services, onboard bêta users, building the expertise on how related products are operated. They are instrumental as pivots to support Product Managers, Product Operations Analysts, and customers and a force of proposition to increase our service level.
The success of your product will as much depend on your involvement with the different bodies of the product team as it is on your involvement with the engineering and growth teams. Your product will be successful only if it is a fit, and the growth team will rely on you to help market it at launch as well as grow a business around it. The tech team will rely on you to make sure that the product does not cost us more than it delivers, challenging you if it is too complex to build vs estimated gains, or too costly to run.
Finally, product development is not the only challenge taken on by the team, as our experts also deal with some key external stakeholder management as well as key internal processes safeguards which are core to Kaiko’s development. Each team member can make their pick !
As a Data Services Product Owner, your role & mission will drive you to :
- Take ownership of your platform scope: the services that allow Kaiko to collect data from centralized exchanges, normalize it, store it, redistribute it via multiple API models (REST, Streaming, files) and distribution vehicles (public web network, private backbone networks, unicast, multicast).
- Build the functional expertise on your scope (Data services) so that product managers & sales rely on you for functional deep dives, whether internally or externally with customers. You’ll produce all supporting technical documents (e.g. external specifications) and materials allowing Kaiko to share with multiple audiences (customers, internal needs, partners) required info to integrate further with the ecosystem.
- You are responsible for the coordination of the quarterly milestone delivery. You are the primary decision maker in terms of prioritisation within the milestone, and the safeguard allowing us to deliver our product as planned. You act as a scrum for the agile rituals (sprint plannings, standups with the data engineering squad).
- You are at the front line of our risk management from a Product perspective. When delivery of a product increment within a milestone is jeopardized, you are the one responsible for escalation and a force of proposition to ensure we are in a position to react adequately.
- As Product Owner, you work closely with Product managers to propose technical increments aiming at leveling up our servicing on existing products (latency, resilience, performance, costs, distribution channels) from a functional perspective.
- You will take the lead on an external stakeholder management / internal key product process of your choice.
What We Are Looking For
- A Product Owner with affinity to technical data services (cloud, microservices, low latency data feeds)
- A rigorous scrum, used to agile methodology and approach - who knows to what extent mismanagement of User Stories and tickets hurts delivery
- A minutious individual when it comes to external specification documentation, able to see things from the user perspective and not neglect any detail
- A tech friendly / enthusiast with no resistance to technical manipulation of datasets towards design of data products, comfortable with unicast / multicast / SDK Api first data feed designs
- A reliable and autonomous team member with a strong delivery oriented spirit
- A proactive team player able to take on jobs that need to be done when they come if required to support their teammates when possible - without jeopardizing their own due deliveries
Nice to Have (not required)
- PO experience in B2B and data services (preferably large data businesses)
- Tech experience in capital markets real time market data & infrastructure-
- API friendly (REST, SDK) - knowledge of key tech stack elements (DB management, RPC protocols, REST model, scripting)
• Hardware of your choice
• Paid vacation
• Health insurance
• Multiple team events (annual retreat, casual drinks, etc.)
• An entrepreneurial environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibilities
• Staff surprises: just because we know that occasionally, small delights can brighten your day
• Other perks
• Contract type: Permanent - full time
• International applicants welcome!
Interested? Apply now by emailing your resume and a short introduction to email@example.com!