To apply for a role, please email your resume and a short introduction to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and international applicants are welcome. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
Kaiko is a rapidly growing fintech startup in the digital assets industry with an international presence. Our mission is to be the foundation of the new digital finance economy, which promises to expand financial opportunity and inclusion globally. We do this by empowering market participants with accurate, transparent, and actionable crypto data to be leveraged for a range of market activities including strategy backtesting, in-depth research, valuation, analytics, and integrations.
About the Job
As a research analyst, you will be immersed in the fast-paced world of digital assets. Your mission will be to closely follow crypto markets and broader industry trends, with the goal of publishing data-driven insights read by Kaiko’s institutional financial clients. You will gain a deep understanding of underlying market dynamics and learn how to manipulate Kaiko’s trade data, order books, and aggregated datasets. You will be responsible for regular content and will be given the opportunity to get creative through new research initiatives. While previous experience in crypto is not required, you must have very strong writing skills, a strong familiarity with financial market dynamics, and a desire to learn the ins-and-outs of the crypto industry.
A) Market Reports: Kaiko currently publishes a monthly market report, summarizing the previous month’s market events. As we expand our research team, we will add new reports targeting the unique interests of our client segments. The goal of these reports is to bridge the gap between the crypto and traditional financial industry. As a research analyst, you will be responsible for leading the creation of new reports:
• Write longer written content for more in-depth reports.
• Analyze markets on a wider timescale and identify long term trends.
• Propose new ideas for reports in response to marketing needs, competition, and changing industry trends.
View previous market reports here.
B) Custom Reports and Research Partnerships: Kaiko frequently gets contacted for collaborative reports with partners or clients. You will lead or contribute to these reports and propose new ideas. This will require innovation and creativity as we continue to expand our brand through research partnerships.
C) Research Newsletter: Kaiko publishes a weekly data-driven newsletter received by thousands of industry professionals. One of your missions will be to support this newsletter with original charts and content.
• Keep up to date with the latest trends in crypto by reading news sources such as Coindesk, the Block, Messari, etc.
• Create unique and relevant charts and infographics in response to market events.
• Write short, easy-to-understand analyses related to these charts.
• Propose new ideas weekly.
View previous versions of this newsletter here.
D) Social Media / Media: As the leading data provider, Kaiko’s social media channels are used to publish charts and quick bits of analysis. One of your missions will be to create content specifically for these channels and for journalists. You will be tasked with forming relationships with market analysts in the industry to propose custom charting and quick analyses for their reporting.
• Fluent written English.
• Previous writing experience, either of financial market analyses or a similar writing style.
• The ability to make deadlines and consistently produce high-quality work.
• The ability to propose creative and original research ideas.
• Experience manipulating datasets with python or R programming languages and creating financial charts using tools such as Tableau or Plotly.
• A strong understanding of financial markets and economic trends.
Nice to Have
• An understanding of the crypto industry and market dynamics.
• An understanding of derivatives markets (options, futures, perpetual futures) and experience analyzing derivatives-specific measures such as open interest.
• Experience designing visual reports and infographics.
• Hardware of your choice
• Paid vacation
• Health insurance
• Multiple team events (annual retreat, casual drinks, etc.)
• An entrepreneurial environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibilities
• Staff surprises: just because we know that occasionally, small delights can brighten your day
• Other perks
• Contract type: Permanent - full time
• International applicants welcome!
Interested? Apply now by emailing your resume and a short introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org!