We are an equal opportunity employer and international applicants are welcome. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
Kaiko is a rapidly growing fintech startup in the digital assets industry with an international presence. Our mission is to be the foundation of the new digital finance economy, which promises to expand financial opportunity and inclusion globally. We do this by empowering market participants with accurate, transparent, and actionable crypto data to be leveraged for a range of market activities including strategy backtesting, in-depth research, valuation, analytics, and integrations.
About the Job
A Life in Sales - It’s not for the faint of heart!
However, where you live that life or the company you choose to work in can make all the difference. It can also really make it worth your while! At Kaiko we appreciate that sales can be a tough gig, which is why we value and reward our talented sales team accordingly.
A worthy benefits package:
- An extremely compelling base salary with 2x OTE
- An attractive sales commission structure
- 25 days holiday + RTTs
- Flexible working options: you can choose to work from home, at the office, or a bit of both. We’re also pretty relaxed about your hours, as long as the work is being done
- Personal learning and development opportunities
- Spot rewards so we can say thanks when you do a really great bit of work
- Healthcare, dental and eyecare plans, including completely free options
- Hardware of your choice
- Meal vouchers
- Multiple Team Events (Annual Retreat to Southern Europe, Team Drinks, etc.)
- An entrepreneurial environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibilities
- Staff surprises: just because we know that occasionally, small delights can brighten your day
- Stock Options: While we grow, you grow!
- Learning and growing in the nascent world of digital assets and cryptocurrencies
A growing company with a promising future:
Kaiko is the global leader in digital assets data services for enterprises. We enable interoperability between traditional and digital finance, and provide the tools clients need to make informed decisions and power any data-based strategy or application.
Our asset coverage is the largest in the industry, and new crypto instruments and exchanges are integrated into our systems every day.
Our mission is to be the foundation of the new digital finance economy, which promises to expand financial opportunity and inclusion globally. We do this by empowering market participants with accurate, transparent, and actionable crypto data to be leveraged for a range of market activities including strategy backtesting, in-depth research, valuation, analytics, and integrations.
An exciting role with huge scope:
Day to day, this is what you’ll be doing:
- Helping to develop a sales strategy which supports Kaiko’s business goals
- Developing a territory with a diverse range of key target organizations and growing new opportunities in the market
- Closing deals valued between €50,000 and €250,000 per year (although if you want to aim higher than that we certainly won’t stop you!)
- Developing and maintaining a solid network of contacts Sustaining a consistent pipeline through meetings, calling (including cold-calling) and emailing
- Supporting marketing campaigns and helping with activities such as client days, conferences and events
- Completing RFP (Requests for Proposal) documents for prospective customers
- Working closely with the Head of Sales, other Sales Executives across France, the USA and Singapore and other teams such as Customer Success, Global Services, Product, Marketing, etc.
The role will be based in Paris with occasional travel for events (when COVID permits) as needed.
Keen to find out more?
This is what you'll need to be successful:
- Solid (5+ years) experience of sales in the financial services market (even better if you’ve sold Market Data or SaaS products) and evidence of your success
- Familiarity with Software as a Service (SaaS) and Market Data products, including the challenges involved
- Self-motivation, self-organisation and personal commitment to succeed
- The ability to listen carefully, understand needs and build trusted relationships, including at senior executive level in large complex organisations
- The ability to negotiate calmly and effectively and help customers close a deal
- Great presentation and communication skills, so you can explain concepts and user stories with confidence
- Natural storytelling ability to weave a narrative of Kaiko’s solution into a client’s daily life
Bonus points if you also have:
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM system, or something similar
- Experience landing new logos in banks, asset managers, hedge funds, exchanges, insurance companies, fintechs and other financial intermediaries
- Examples of growing sales across groups or business lines within an organization
- Experience with sales process models such as MEDDIC and challenger sales
- Secondary language (Spanish, etc.)
We're not looking for 'the perfect candidate' with gold medals and superpowers. We review all applications with real interest and an open mind, so if you’re keen on the role but can’t tick every box above, please don’t let it put you off applying.
And a final note about COVID19...
We’re helping to keep everyone safe and reduce the spread of COVID19 by working from home. Interviews will be via video calls, and new joiners will be onboarded remotely. Our usual hiring process is two-three interviews. Just so you know. :-)
Interested? Apply here