To apply for a role, please email your resume and a short introduction to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and international applicants are welcome. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
Kaiko is a rapidly growing fintech startup in the digital assets industry with an international presence. Our mission is to be the foundation of the new digital finance economy, which promises to expand financial opportunity and inclusion globally. We do this by empowering market participants with accurate, transparent, and actionable crypto data to be leveraged for a range of market activities including strategy backtesting, in-depth research, valuation, analytics, and integrations.
About the Job
As Kaiko Legal Counsel, you will have a global overview from a legal standpoint of all aspects of Kaiko’s business and will be a great help to support its international development. You will address all types of legal questions, on contracts and partnerships, corporate and tax matters, commercial matters, if needed with the assistance of external counsels. You will work in several jurisdictions: UK, USA and any new areas as we expand into new geographies.
You will work directly with Ambre Soubiran (CEO) and Elodie de Marchi (head of Growth/COO).
• Draft and negotiate commercial contracts in English (such as: NDAs, services agreements, commercial and tech partnership agreements, software and licence agreements, SLAs, etc.): in cooperation with the operational teams, you will review, draft and negotiate various types of commercial contracts and you will regularly update our General T&Cs and the clients contracts.
• Assist the business and monitor any disputes/litigations/claims from Kaiko's clients.
• Define a legal strategy: you will work with the CEO and Head of Growth/COO in order to eliminate or mitigate risks and manage Kaiko’s disputes/litigations.
• Monitor, analyze changes and act: you will have to stay updated on legal and regulatory changes that could impact the business and you will suggest action plans.
• Prepare and deliver training of operational staff on various subjects.
• Experience: You have 5+ years of experience with relevant experience in a top-tier law firm or as a lawyer in a tech company (start-up/scale up).
• Academic Background: law school (preferably top tier universities)
• Business-oriented: You are able to put your legal expertise in perspective with Kaiko’s business and always provide recommendations that are business oriented.
• Communication: You have strong oral and written communications skills and a good sense of diplomacy.
• Analytical mind & rigorous: You have well-honed organizational and analytical skills to quickly elaborate key findings, form opinions and make decisions.
• Curious mindset: You are intellectually curious, open-minded, adaptable, fast learner and excited by a dynamic startup environment.
• Languages: English required.
Nice to Have (not required)
• Specialization in Data or Intellectual Property Law
• Knowledgeable about crypto/digital assets
• Hardware of your choice
• Paid vacation
• Health insurance
• Multiple team events (annual retreat, casual drinks, etc.)
• An entrepreneurial environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibilities
• Staff surprises: just because we know that occasionally, small delights can brighten your day
• Other perks
• Contract type: Permanent - full time
• International applicants welcome!
Interested? Apply now by emailing your resume and a short introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org!