Kaiko to provide reference rates for Cboe Digital’s futures settlement
Kaiko Insights: October Recap
November 3rd, 2023
Throughout October, the Kaiko team has been attending events across the globe, delivering insightful speeches on our leading data offerings, and engaging in key conversations around industry trends and topics.
In our October Insights Recap, we will dive into a few of the key topics we discussed at these events, giving an industry leader’s perspective on the current state of the digital assets market and how we can address key issues with our leading data products.
Crypto Assets Conference | Frankfurt
The Kaiko team was in Frankfurt earlier in the month for the bi-annual Crypto Assets Conference where our Managing Director of Strategic Initiatives, Philippe Redaelli, delivered a keynote titled ‘Digital Assets- What’s Next?’
- Philippe highlighted the major shift from the new innovation of digital assets disrupting industries, to how businesses can leverage digital assets, integrate these technologies, and incorporate them into their business models
- Philippe also discussed the important topic of regulation and standards, noting that although the industry is not yet in a space of complete certainty, we are moving forward from wondering if this is feasible to make it happen contractually. He also highlighted that standards are beginning to be set forth, looking toward the interoperability of these standards across industries
- Philippe concluded with an open-ended thought regarding the discussion of crypto vs digital assets, noting that we should not just stay limited to cryptos and create a whole digital asset ecosystem that works together
CAC Frankfurt was a great event bringing together industry experts in the European field and Kaiko looks forward to once again attending in early 2024.
Find the replay of Philippe’s speech, here.
European Blockchain Convention | Barcelona
Kaiko’s CEO, Ambre Soubiran, took to the stage in Barcelona at the European Blockchain Convention to feature on a panel titled ‘The Data-Driven Investor: Strategies for Crypto Market Intelligence’. She was joined by fellow experts Elliot Garreffa (AddZest) and Lars Bakke Krogvig (Nansen).
- During the discussion, the trio highlighted the importance of the integration of both on-chain and off-chain data sources when it comes to the understanding of crypto market dynamics.
- Ambre added that combining centralized exchange data on order books and trading volumes with blockchain analytics provides a more complete picture. She highlighted liquidity data as being a crucial tool when assessing risk.
- The group concluded that when it comes to having a complete overview of the crypto market, there is no one-stop-shop for data sources. Instead, it is important to combine the use of quantitative market data with qualitative data sources such as research articles, social media, and alternative data feeds.
DACOM EU 2023 | Paris
In collaboration with Solidus Labs and Xreg Consulting, Kaiko co-hosted DACOM EU 2023 this year, taking place just a stone’s throw from Kaiko’s head office in Paris, France.
COO, Elodie De Marchi, took to the stage to deliver a keynote speech, where she delved into the topic of MiCA 2.0, Regulated DeFi, Institutional Adoption, and Beyond: Crypto’s New Frontiers.
- The importance of data was highlighted in the panel, with Elodie adding the point that although data has been important in the finance industry, it is even more important in the crypto world because transactions and orders depend on accurate data. This is why regulation and compliance is important so data companies can be trustworthy and reliable
- The panel also discussed institutional adoption and how there is still room for maturity within the market infrastructure but as we see more traction and interest in the market, more solutions will continue to follow
- A final interesting note from the panel was a discussion on market expansion and new regulations like creating opportunities for more to gain exposure to crypto
You can watch the full replay, here.
PWMA Wealth Management Summit | Hong Kong
Kaiko’s APAC team has also been busy in October, attending PWMA Wealth Management Summit in Hong Kong earlier this month. The 10th anniversary of the Private Wealth Management Association brought together industry experts, thought leaders and practitioners to explore the landscape of wealth management.
- Sean highlighted the interesting topic of regulation and licensing becoming a requirement for crypto solutions providers, and what the potential market for digital assets is now that HK SFC implemented regulation
- Another interesting topic noted in the panel with regard to the adoption of virtual assets in Asia and Hong Kong, was volatility and volume being still very low, especially in the macro global environment of higher interest rates
We are looking forward to finishing out the year strong, with our team spending a few weeks in Dubai at Blockchain Life and AIM summit, our APAC team at Hong Kong Fintech Week, and our London office heading to The Digital Asset Conference. Kaiko continues to keep moving, by continuously attending events around the world and working towards bringing more exposure and transparency into the digital asset space.
Never Miss An Update
MORE FROM KAIKO
Kaiko to Provide Reference Rates for Cboe Digital’s Futures Settlement
Kaiko is pleased to join forces with Cboe Digital to provide reference rates for settlement of margined Bitcoin (BTC) and Ether (ETH) futures contracts
The Crypto Data Problem
Frictionless markets open 24 hours a day are what makes crypto so attractive. But without uniform data, it can be difficult to make intelligent decisions.
Kaiko Insights: October Recap
A look into where Kaiko has been throughout October and insights from speeches given by the Kaiko team.